Watermelon is one of the most popular fruits among people and traders in the season of every summer. Iranian watermelon is grown in different cities of Iran such as Chabahar, Sistan Baluchistan, Shiraz, Dezful, Jiroft and Bushehr.
Exportable types of watermelons can be called Mikado, Unigen, and B32, which are the most suitable types of watermelons for export.
Important points before buying watermelon
Dear importers and traders, before entering this market, it is very important that you have sufficient and accurate information about the purchase of exported watermelons. Stay with us and benefit from the experience of our experts to bring the best purchase for your business.
You should know that before buying a well-ripened watermelon, especially when buying in large quantities, you should pay attention to several points
• The color of your watermelon will help indicate the ripeness of the fruit. Choose a watermelon that has a strong, consistent stripe pattern. The green stripes should be dark green
• Probably one of the most important indicators of watermelon quality is the field stain. Check your watermelon for a large, discolored spot on the surface, also known as a field spot
This marking shows where the watermelon was sitting on the ground when it arrived. As a general rule, the color should be creamy yellow or close to orange, indicating a full-flavored watermelon. If it is white or light yellow, this indicates that the watermelon lacks flavor
• Inspect the stem To choose a watermelon that has had enough time to ripen and mature, you should check the stem, which should be dry and yellowish brown. A green stem may mean that the watermelon is not yet ripe and lacks flavor and sweetness
• First, gently tap your fruit and listen to its sound If the ground seems deep and hollow, the fruit has more juice and is probably riper, while if your tapping sound is louder and denser, it may mean that the skin of the watermelon is too thick and your fruit is not fully ripe
• Check the points Dry air spots and faint vein-like lines are good indicators of an extra sweet watermelon. These spots show where the sugar has been removed from the fruit. So, be sure to inspect all sides of your watermelon before committing to one
• Choose the heaviest relative to its size for export While shopping, do a quick workout and pick up the watermelons in the farm to pick the perfect ones. Watermelons should feel heavier than they look as they grow. The denser it is relative to its size, the higher the water content, resulting in a sweeter watermelon
• If you are looking for a watermelon with a lot of sweetness, choose a round watermelon Unlike the oval shaped watermelon. Rounder watermelons are sweeter, while oval shaped watermelons are waterier and less flavorful. Also, check the surface for irregular lumps and avoid them as well
• Buy watermelons in season You may want to eat watermelon all year round, but the best time to buy this fruit is during its peak season, which lasts from May to September
Important points in the transfer and transportation of exported watermelons
•The first point that is very important in international shipping is proper and strong packaging. Watermelons should be packed in strong and durable packaging so that they are not damaged during transportation. You can use strong boxes and cartons using resistant materials
•We know that watermelon is sensitive to both temperature and humidity. This way, we can load your watermelons into the refrigerated trucks needed to ensure they reach retailers at the optimal freshness range your customers expect We recommend transporting watermelons via refrigerated trucks to maintain a cool and stable environment. Maintaining a certain humidity is also very important to prevent over-ripening and preserve freshness during the watermelon transportation process
•The ideal temperature for watermelon is between 45 and 50 degrees and the relative humidity is 85 to 95 percent. These ranges are for storage and transportation, which means a refrigerated truck is your best bet for transporting watermelons. The humidity of the environment where watermelons are kept also plays a role in keeping them optimal. If the relative humidity is kept below 85% during transportation, the fruit can dry out and cause the skin to wrinkle and become misshapen
•A very important point is that watermelon should not be kept at a temperature above 50 degrees, it can absorb pathogens that cause disease or otherwise damage the product and make it unfit for sale
•The time of transportation of exported watermelons should be such that the watermelons maintain their best condition. Reduce shipping time as much as possible and use fast and safe shipping methods
We are proud to give you the opportunity to have the best experience in buying watermelons from Iran with the knowledge we have in exporting watermelons.
We share the process with you from pick-up to delivery so you can track where your load is at every part of the journey.
Dear customers, you can send your request to the company’s response team and use the technical advice of the company’s experts for free
Be in touch with us